Friday, November 14, 2008

Parmesan Risotto



I've recently discovered how much I love making risotto. I always thought it was something that your order out, not make at home. But I got daring one night and now it's my new favorite side dish to make because A) It's easy and B) It's just plain delicious!
I found this recipe from the Pioneer Woman's website and adapted this risotto from that one. Here is my take:
Ingredients
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp butter
2 Cups Arborio Rice
6 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock, warm
1/2 Cup White Wine, heated
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 very small onion, chopped
1/2 - 1 cup half and half
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 - 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
Directions
Melt butter and Olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add Garlic and Onions. Cook 2-4 minutes until Onion is translucent. Add Arborio Rice and stir until coated with olive oil. Add warm wine into rice mixture until absorbed. In a seperate medium saucepan next to your risotto sauce pan, add Chicken Stock and heat through. Now add 1 ladle of chicken stock. When one ladle has been absorbed, add the next. (You can also add the chicken stock in 1-cup incraments but I find that just using a ladle works best for me.) Keep stirring! You can walk away from the stove, but not for too long. You don't want the rice to burn or stick to the bottom of the pot. This process should take about 30 minutes and you want to constantly be stirring your risotto.
When all chicken stock has been absorbed, add your half and half and keep stirring until thickened. Then, add your salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Serve with some chives and enjoy!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online