Monday, May 4, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Bites




As soon as I saw this recipe appear on Colleen's blog Cooking This and That, I bookmarked it right away to use at my next gathering. So when my in laws came over last weekend, I knew I had to try these!

In my opinion, these are the perfect little appetizer. Most people love spinach artichoke dip and these are presented so conveniently so your guests can take them and walk around and not be tied to the dip bowl! The only issue I had was that I could not find won-ton wrappers anywhere! I scowered my whole grocery store and even asked 2 separate employees who could not track them down for me. Any idea where I can find these in my store? Well either way, I improvised and used Fillo Dough. I got the pre-made shells and also made my own, and both were great. I also made the filling the night before and refridgerated it so all I had to do on the day of my gathering was fill them and bake!

Ingredients
Adapted from Cooking this and That
Originally from Daily Deliciousness

30 wonton wrappers (I used Fillo dough/cups)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I used about 3/4 of the box)
4 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and chopped (I used almost a whole can)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup mayo
1/2 shallot, minced(I added this)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (I added this)
1-2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (I added this)
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.

In a small skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and shallots and cook just until garlic is fragrant and shallots are sofetened, about 3-5 minutes.

Mix cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, shredded cheese, mayo, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.

Line mini-muffin pan with wonton wrappers (or fillo dough), lightly pressing into place to form a cup. Using a small spoon, fill each cup with mixture almost to the top.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are browned and crisp and the filling is hot and melty.
Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

9 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Those look like the perfect party appetizer! I have no idea on where won-ton wrappers would be though, so I'm not help to you!

Anonymous said...

These look so good, I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to make them!

Colleen said...

Yum! I love that you used Fillo here as well! Glad you liked them!

h2babe said...

These looks so YUMMY! I love S&A dip, so I got to try this.

alice said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and really enjoying it. This looks fantastic!

Kerstin said...

They're so pretty and I'm sure they'd disappear really quickly at any party! Everyone loves spinach artichoke dip - yum!

Elizabeth said...

These look awesome - I bet I could eat 1000 of them!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks delicious and a great way to use a muffin pan!

Debbie said...

Looks like a very delicious appetizer....

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online