Friday, May 15, 2009

Wine of the Week

I stopped posting this for a while, mainly because I wasn't being quite so adventurous with the whole trying new wines thing!

However, I have taken an interest again in forcing myself to buy a different bottle each week and thought I'd pass on what I've found! I've also really been quite interested in the New York State wines.

If you didn't know, I come from the great state of New York. I am no where even CLOSE to the city though, so it's not very exciting, which is fine by me. There are a lot of cows up here. There's also a great wine region...did you know that? New York State is actually known for its Rieslings. They are really quite good. To learn more about the wine region in New York State, visit this website.

This week I tried Salmon Run Chardonnay. I'm going to go ahead and be honest, I bought it because I thought the label was cute. It was a good wine. It was very mild and smooth tasting. Not one flavor was dominate, and it was hard for me to pick out strong characteristics of it. It honestly wasn't my favorite wine, but I will go ahead and say that it would be good to serve with a strongly flavored meal. Because of it's smoothness, I think it would appeal to a wide variety of palates, and be great to serve with food so as to not overpower the meal. As a drinking wine however, I'd probably pick something else!

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - I'll have to check this out the next time I'm at the store!

Anonymous said...

I went on a wine tour a few years ago in upstate NY, it was so much fun!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online