Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Golf Cake




Now that I have gained some new skills from my Wilton Classes, I decided to attempt making my dad a father's day cake without a pattern or anything from class. My dad loves to golf, and since this is prime golfing season I thought the cake would be fitting.

I iced the sides of the cake in white buttercream and the top in a mixture of green and a bit of yellow. The "grass" is moss green and a bit of black. The "sand" is regular granulated sugar dyed ivory and yellow (in the blender), and the pebbles are made from fondant. The tee sign (I think that's what it's called?!) is fondant on a piece of spaghetti I dyed brown.

This was such a fun cake to make and my dad was SO impressed!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I hope to make golf themed cupcakes for my son's 3rd birthday party. He is golf obsessed! Great ideas!

nicole said...

this is perfect!

Anonymous said...

That is really great! Very neat and precise writing on your cake! (I noticed that because my writing is never very neat on the cakes!)

Molly Jean said...

Adorable!

I went golfing with my Dad yesterday... I should have had this cute cake to match!

BMK said...

That is adorable!

Toby said...

That is awesome-- great job!!

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love how the grass looks!

Maryanna said...

This cake is super cute!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

super cute!! Perfect for Father's Day.

Colleen said...

This looks awesome - great job!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! What a GREAT idea!! It looks absolutely amazing! I love it!

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

CUTE cake! Now I'm racking my brain for a golf lover I could make this for.

Kerstin said...

Oh wow, it's SO cute, great job!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online