Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Herb Roasted Balsamic Potatoes




With an abundance of beautiful red potatoes I picked up at the Farmers Market last week, I decided to make a simple side dish to go with dinner. These were very easy to make and a great way to use up some leftovers. They were also extremely flavorful with the herbs standing in the forefront. Absolutely use whatever herbs you want, as well! These are just the herbs that I chose because I had them on hand, but the great thing about this dish is that it would suit most any herb, dried or fresh!

Ingredients
About 4-6 Red Potatoes, quartered, skins left on
1/2 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
aprox. 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
aprox. 1 tbps. extra virgin olive oil
about 5 fresh sage leaves, minced
1 - 2 tsp herbs de provance
a pinch of dried rosemary
salt
pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until the potatoes are completely covered in all of the herbs and vinegar. Pour into a greased baking dish and cook, uncovered for about 45 minutes or until fork tender. Also, make sure to toss the potatoes a few times during the cook time.

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

I love roasted potatoes, they are my one of my favorite side dishes and your version looks great!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks fantastic and I love using balsamic with any roasted veggie!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online