Friday, January 8, 2010

Oven Poached Salmon with a Creamy Dill Sauce



This was a recipe I decided to try because it just looked really flavorful for being healthy. Like I said before, I'm not a huge salmon fan but it really is a healthy fish so I want to try and incorporate it into my diet as much as I can.

This was really a great recipe. I was surprised at how much I liked it honestly. It couldn't be much easier to make and the result was a super flavorful fish fillet that didn't taste too "salmon-ey".

I chose to top the fish with a creamy dill sauce that worked out wonderfully and really complimented the flavors of the fish. I will definitely be making salmon this way again.
Ingredients
Source: Eating Well
Salmon
1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions, skin removed, if desired (I used one fillet, skin on)
2 tablespoons dry white wine (I used low sodium chicken stock)
Kosher Salt and Freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot, (1 medium)
Lemon wedges, for garnish
Dill Sauce
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (I omitted)
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used Greek)
1 tbsp low fat sour cream (I added this)
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, or parsley
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-inch glass pie pan or an 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.

Place salmon, skin-side (or skinned-side) down, in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with wine. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with shallots. Cover with foil and bake until opaque in the center and starting to flake, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness.

Meanwhile, to make the dill sauce combine mayonnaise (if using), yogurt, sour cream, scallions, lemon juice, dill (or parsley) and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.

When the salmon is ready, transfer to dinner plates. Spoon a little dill sauce over the salmon and serve with lemon wedges.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! How beautiful and delicious!!

Anonymous said...

Salmon and dill were made for each other :) This looks awesome! I am a huge salmon lover so I'll have to try this.
If you're looking for other salmon recipes too, I have one on my blog for salmon in a lemon ginger sauce. It's pretty darn tasty :)

Karine said...

I love the combo of salmon and dill. You have a great recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online